Saturday, June 28, 2008

Tomorrow is the day!

I'm feeling quite a wide range of emotions, but primarily, oddly, excitement!

This feels like a really important step for me both personally and professionally and I'm honored that I get to be part of this "behind the scenes" farm experience.

I spoke with the farm manager today and he confirmed that Jim, a very nice community college teacher who I talked with for quite a while at last week's Solstice potluck, will be joining us. He, like myself, is a conflicted omnivore and he said he was inspired by his conversation with me (yay!) to come learn more about the food he is eating.

There are also several young farmhands (high school and college age) who will be part of the team -- though not for the first time like Jim and I.

I'm feeling a greater sense of peace knowing that this will be a multi-generational community experience!

No comments: